Sunset City Tour
To go sightseeing: La Puntilla – El Bosque – Plaza de La Revolución – Callejón Hamel – Anti-imperialist Square – Malecón – Chorrera’s Castle
The Sunset City Tour is a bicycle ride run every evening until sunset. You'll be taken through the quarters of Vedado and Miramar y Cayo Hueso and shown some of the most-loved places in the city including el Cementerio de Colón, la Plaza de La Revolución, el Bosque de La Habana, el Callejón de Hamel, la Puntilla of the Almendares River, la Tribuna Antimperialista - to name just a few.
The atmosphere of this part of the city is constantly in flux: sometimes it shines with a stunning elegance; at other times, it seems decadent. It draws its energy from its inhabitants, buoyed by the heat of the sun and the breeze of the sea.
If you're interested in taking some beautiful pictures, sharing time with us and getting to know the less touristy part of Havana, then this is the tour for you. During the ride, you'll get a bit of everything: stories of contemporary life and development; Cuban history and the Revolución; local haunts; and the unique natural and urban landscapes shaped by the Afro-Cuban religion.
The relaxing Torreón de la Chorrera will be waiting for us with a mojito – the classic drink of Cuba, not included in the price of the tour. If you're feeling peckish, here's the place to try out some tapas. We'll be finishing off with a ride along the Malecón while the sun sets.
Daily at 3:30pm
4 hours approx.
19 km approx.
Easy - Moderate
Good to Know
- During the Sunset City Tour, the Sun is still strong during the first two hours. Then, it is recommended to use sun-screen, sun glasses, bring light clothing, long sleeves and a hat (if you don't like to use helmet).
- Large bags can be stored in our bikeshop during the tour.
- At the end of this tour, on days with clear sky, the sunlight is perfect for taking good pictures. Please wait for the stops, don't take pictures while driving. Don't risk your health and holidays.
- This tour is leaded in English or Spanish by our local guides.
- Water will be provided. You may choose to purchase additional drinks if you like.
- When the Sunset City Tour arrives at Chorrera’s Castle, in Malecón, we have 30 minutes for a drink (not included in the price of the tour) . We suggest having a Mojito.
- In Cuba there is no way for private local businesses like us to provide insurance of any kind. Tourists have the obligation to buy a medical insurance for their stay. This insurance will covers sudden illness and accident..
Our shop is located at the side of a parish church never finished at 152, 16th Street on the corner to 13th Street, of Vedado neighborhood. Tours meet outside in the Vuelo Lam park in front of our shop. Your tour guide will wait for you.