Salsa & Bike
Itinerary: Salsa en Casa school – La Tropical – Parque Almendares – Casa de la Musica Miramar – SprachCaffe Dance school – Coffee shop 1ra y 14 – Cristino Naranjo – 1830 's Gardens
The tour Salsa & Bike is a perfect combination of history, dance, a little bit of sport, and definitely a lot of fun. Enjoy this tour through Havana, passing by the most important highlights and sites where the most popular Cuban dance, the Casino or Salsa, was born. After having picked-up the bikes and having received a brief introduction we´ll be heading to Salsa en Casa dancing school. Within one hour, you will be able to learn the basic steps of Salsa. Afterwards, our tour continues to historical and still today popular Salsa-locations. Getting to know a couple of the founders of the Casino and get into interaction with them, is the hidden gem of this tour.
This definitely is a unique experience. On the way back to the starting point, we will stop at the Malecón for a last time practice of what we have learnt today. Our main goal is that you leave Havana still feeling the Cuban rhythms, and understanding more about Cubans way of life and why are we so happy once we start to dance. For further Salsa-lessons or visiting Salsa-nightclub-locations accompanied by a dancing teacher, we will gladly put you in contact with Salsa en Casa dance school.
- Comfortable city bike.
- Helmet (optional)
- Bottle of water (500 ml) in the dancing school
- Local guide speaking Spanish, English (other languages on request)
- Visit of various places which have been or still are very important in the Casino/Salsa Tradition
- 1 dancing teacher and 1 mechanic accompanyinthe group
- 1 couple for a demostration and conference (min. 4 pax)
- Transfer from / to Rutabikes (transfer can be arranged (extra cost) - pls contact us, we are happy to assist)
- The class is for beginners or intermediate level
- You will learn basics and free steps used in Salsa
Good to Know
- During the Salsa & Bike Tour, the sun is still strong during the first two hours. It is highly recommended to use a high protection sun-screen, sunglasses, light clothing (and long sleeves if possible) and a hat (in case you don’t use a helmet). We do not recommend to use flip flops.
- There will be a few hills. Try them. Too hard? Don’t worry, you can walk. The guide will wait.
- A 0.5 L water bottle will be provided, and there will be the possibility to buy more liquids along the way. We recommend to drink water regularly
- Travel light. Feel free to leave your personal belongings at our office. We will take care of them.
- Along our route, and especially at the end of this tour, the sunlight is perfect to take great pictures.
- Please don’t take pictures while riding, wait for the stops. Don't put your health and holidays at risk.
- This tour can be done in both English, German and Spanish.
- In Cuba there is no way for private local businesses like us to provide insurance of any kind. Tourists have the obligation to buy a medical insurance for their stay. This insurance will cover sudden illness and accident.
- Last minute reservation: pls call Osmany +53 5402 74 44
Our shop is located at the side of a parish church never finished at 152, 16th Street on the corner to 13th Street, of Vedado neighborhood. Tours meet outside in the Vuelo Lam park in front of our shop. Your tour guide will wait for you.