Sunset City Tour
Itinerary: John Lennon Park – Trillo Park – Capitol Building – Central Park – Cathedral Square – Chorro’s Alley – Malecón
Take this tour at the beginning of your vacation! Get a glimpse of habaneros’ daily life and culture, and grasp some of the contrasts of Cuban society.
The Sunset City Tour was created for the minds hungry for knowledge about the Cuban culture, is a bicycle ride which runs every afternoon. The tour rides through Vedado, Centro Habana (Cayo Hueso) and Habana Vieja. This tour is different from the Classic City one, you will be able to discover not only touristic places but also hidden spots of the city.
The Sunset tour visits some places that played a key role in the Cuban history, often not included in others tours. As a remarkable point, you will take a walk through Cathedral Square ending at Chorro’s Alley, there you will take a break of 30 minutes. This a great opportunity to try some sweets and tapas at Bianchini coffee shop. It´s also a perfect moment for having a closer chat with your tour leader about Cuba and its peculiarities. You will enjoy the sea breeze from the saddle of a bike, by the Malecón the seaside avenue while the sun sets.
*Note: During the summer schedule from March to November the tour will finish about one hour before the sunset time.
- Comfortable cruiser or city bike.
- Helmet (optional)
- Bottle of water (500 ml)
- Local English-speaking guide
Good to Know
- During the Sunset City Tour, the sun is still strong during the first two hours. It is highly recommended to use a high protection sun-screen, sunglasses, light clothing (and long sleeves if possible) and a hat (in case you don’t use a helmet). We do not recommend to use flip flops.
- When the Sunset City Tour arrives at Barbers Alley, we will have a 30 minutes break for a drink and/or food. We suggest you to have a sweet at Bianchini (not included).
- There will be a few hills. Try them. Too hard? Don’t worry, you can walk. The guide will wait.
- A 0.5 L water bottle will be provided, and there will be the possibility to buy more liquids along the way. We recommend to drink water regularly
- Travel light. Feel free to leave your personal belongings at our office. We will take care of them.
- Along our route, and especially at the end of this tour, the sunlight is perfect to take great pictures.
- Please don’t take pictures while riding, wait for the stops. Don't put your health and holidays at risk.
- This tour can be done in both English and Spanish.
- In Cuba there is no way for private local businesses like us to provide insurance of any kind. Tourists have the obligation to buy a medical insurance for their stay. This insurance will cover sudden illness and accident.
Our shop is located at the side of a parish church never finished at 152, 16th Street on the corner to 13th Street, of Vedado neighborhood. Tours meet outside in the Vuelo Lam park in front of our shop. Your tour guide will wait for you.