The Bay Tour
Itinerary: Vedado – Habana Vieja – ferry – Casa Blanca – Havana’s Christ – San Carlos de La Cabaña Castle – Casa Blanca – Bahía (small town) – Guanabacoa – Regla – ferry – Habana Vieja – Vedado
Let’s escape to the peripheries of Havana Bay.
This tour is one of the best ways to escape from the touristic Havana and had a glance of some of the back hidden non-touristic localities of the city.This is the longest and most challenging of our three tours. With over 40 km and the constant presence of hills is meant to be for people who cycle oftenly. To complete the ride you don´t have to be a professional, though a good physical condition is required.
Starting in our headquarter we cross the city directly to the Bay of Havana. A small ferry will take us to Casa Blanca, a small town in the opposite side. Our first stop is at the feet of the Christ of Havana statue, an attractive view point 50 meters above sea level, with a beautiful view of the city coastline. Afterwards, a quick riding in the surroundings of the colonial fortresses complex Castle of the Three Kings of Morro - San Carlos de la Cabaña. Bordering the bay trhough rural and industrial roads we get to The village of Guanabacoa, National Monument, formerly Indian reservation, and today the cradle of Santeria religion. Here we will have a break, some snacks or light lunch and liquids.The tour continues around Regla town, with a second high viewpoint at the Colina Lennin, which will reveal you the size of our city. Our last stop is at the Catholic Church“Nuestra Señora de la Virgen de Regla”, the black Madonna. A second ferry will take us back to Old Havana. The tour ends with a pleasent ride along the Malecón (Seafront Boulevard), back to our office.
- Comfortable MTB.
- Helmet (provided, optional)
- Saddle bag (provided, optional)
- Bottle of water (1500 ml)
- Fresh juice
- Ferry payment
- Local English-speaking guide
Good to Know
- The Bay Tour is the longest and the most challenging of our three regular tours. With over 40 km and the constant presence of hills is meant to be for people who cycle on a regular basis and are in a good physical condition.
- This tour is quite long, please keep in mind the impact of the sun during the ride. It is highly recommended to use a high protection sun-screen, sunglasses, light clothing (but long sleeves if possible) and a hat (in case you don’t use a helmet). We do not recommend to use flip flops.
- A 1.5 L water bottle will be provided, and there will be the possibility to buy more liquids along the way. We recommend to drink water regularly.
- We advise you to eat a good breakfast and bring some light food with you, candy bars or energetic food for instance. Keep in mind that the Cuban weather could be extremely warm and humid.
- Travel light. Feel free to leave your personal belongings at our office. We’ll take care of them.
- Along our route you’ll find amazing panoramic landscapes of the city as well as the evidence of the most modest style of life of the Cuban people, perfect to take great pictures.
- This tour is leaded in English or Spanish by our team of local guides.
- In Cuba there is no way for private local businesses like us to provide insurance of any kind. Tourists have the obligation to buy a medical insurance for their stay. This insurance will cover sudden illness and accident.
Our shop is located at the side of a parish church never finished at 152, 16th Street on the corner to 13th Street, of Vedado neighborhood. Tours meet outside in the Vuelo Lam park in front of our shop. Your tour guide will wait for you.